wishlist

Got a suggestion for future Btraced release? Suggest it here!

wishlist

Postby Btraced » Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:26 pm

Some request came in via mail

- horizontal/landscape layout in app
- add some kind of filtering/presets like Biking, Walking, Driving, Snowboarding etc.
- show average/moving average and max speed in app
- Button for saving GPS point (special point)
- Upload a picture and connect it to a certain GPS point
- add timezone information in the XML for upload
- More information for every trippoint on the iphone (within manage trips)
- fully compatible screen for the iPad
- Unique trip ID which will always be unique, also after delete app and reinstall the app etc.
- continues tracking in background option (like dind my iphone)
- continues uploading points without a trip option, this is used for person tracking etc.
Btraced
Site Admin

Re: wishlist

Postby bonza » Tue May 01, 2012 11:53 am

- Adding https support for the custom server would be a nice feature. (security)
- Use the iPhone accelerometer to restart gps polling. Stop GPS polling after idle one 1 location for xx minute period. (less battery drain maybe?)
- Lower GPS polling rate when configured with lower point accuracy/distance update interval. (less battery drain maybe?)
Jeroen...
bonza

Postby harmen » Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:46 am

Ant+ support for recording external sensor data. See http://www.thisisant.com for more info.
harmen

Postby Luuk » Sat Oct 06, 2012 1:08 am

Great stuff !

1) Next to the trip name It would be nice to have some additional fields
- tripkind: private / business
- projectcode

2) would be nice to be able to start the app from an other iPhone APP or webscreen and send parameters to the btraced app

example html code based on another app that I use startup on iphone

<a href="btraced://tripname=visit my mother&amp;tripkind=business&amp;projectcode=L1234" rel="nofollow">[start trip recording]</a>';

for info: I tested:
- run on iPhone
- have the data shown on a Google map throught al hints on this forum (build it in php)

Plan:
- have the data ending up in usable data in our CRM system

I someone wants the php code let me know.
Luuk

Postby nlmike » Thu Nov 08, 2012 2:46 pm

bonza wrote:- Lower GPS polling rate when configured with lower point accuracy/distance update interval

I'd like that too. I am often more interested in knowing where I am, how I got there is not that important to me.

Cheers,
Mike
nlmike

Postby smfunder » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:00 am

Bug/Suggestion from Jay (tester)

One little bug unrelated is deleting trips. To delete a trip you have to stop it from tracking, completely close the app and then go back into it to hit edit and then delete.
smfunder
Site Admin

Postby Btraced » Fri May 03, 2013 1:51 pm

Would be great if you just had a "track" button rather than have to create a trip to get the tracking function.
This would be great for people who just want to be tracked by their HS server and not worried about creating/saving trips
Btraced
Site Admin

Postby beerygaz » Tue May 07, 2013 5:38 pm

How about variable granularity of reporting? I'd like to report less frequently and over greater distance while on the road or while static, but when I start moving or when I get closer to key waypoints (home, work, etc) then I'd like more frequent updates. For example, every 1km when out and about, but every 25m when I get close to home (so I can automate a task, open the gate, etc). This gives the flexibility of accurate updates when necessary and battery savngs when not.
beerygaz

Postby Btraced » Tue May 28, 2013 11:52 pm

received this whish via mail:
Would've great if the app could have a setting to force the screen to stay on.

Cheers
Toby
Btraced
Site Admin

Postby Btraced » Thu Mar 20, 2014 1:12 pm

request received via mail
I really like that it stores points when mobile data is out of range and then sends them when service is available. I haven’t seen another app that does that. The change of course point option is also really good.

The down side with this app is battery use as the GPS is always on and in use. Is it possible please to have an option where only the time filter is used and at times of say one minute or greater the GPS is only turned on to take the reading then turns of until next time? ‘GPS Logger for Android’ works this way and is very economical on the battery (but doesn’t store points where out of data service range and doesn’t have an iphone version).

A suggestion for future is to provide that the custom server response can change the GPS settings dynamically.
Btraced
Site Admin

Next

Return to Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions