Auto start

Got a suggestion for future Btraced release? Suggest it here!

Auto start

Postby simonog » Sun Jan 13, 2013 7:56 pm

Have just installed BTraced and am very happy with the functionality and performance in most regards.

just one request please: I really want a mode in which BTraced is just running and tracking from the moment it is started. I use it with Homeseer and need to track my phone in real time; if my phone has been rebooted I can put up with having to start the app by hand if I have to; what is error prone is having to reenable the current trip and tell it to log data.

can you make the app default behaviour at phone boot be to collect data UNLESS overridden by anything else? personally, I do not even need separate trips - just need to know where the phone is!
simonog

Re: Auto start

Postby smfunder » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:13 pm

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your suggestion. There were many people asking for an auto start. We have been researching if this is possible for when the phone start ups and this is not possible because the iOS behavior.

But still, we may be able a setting to make it auto create a new trip each time Btraced is open up. That way you only need to open Btraced and it will automatically start a new trip. We may implementing this in the next update.

Thanks!
Santiago
smfunder
Site Admin

Postby beerygaz » Tue May 07, 2013 5:31 pm

I'd just like to add my support for an auto-start request. I (and the Mrs) use btraced for Homeseer tracking, but I often open the app to find that it's no longer tracking and I have to select a trip and manually turn on tracking. This is a little cumberson when all I really want is the app to start and start sending data to HS immediately.
beerygaz

Postby kepesk » Thu Sep 19, 2013 5:30 am

I too would like to voice my support for autostart! Btraced is much more feature-rich than the tracking app I have been using, and in fact I'm already working on integrating it with a piece of mapping software I have written, but having to start the trip everytime I open the app is cumersome.
I will trigger when to start the app using Tasker, but it needs to be manually switched on.
kepesk

Postby Btraced » Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:57 am

Hi All
Btraced is mainly for trips, to autostart a trip once btraced is running you need to set more input like tripname etc.
We are now working on a second Btraced version mainly for positioning, autostart can be an option there. So once the app is started (for example by tasker) it tracks immediately.
Btraced
Site Admin

Postby kepesk » Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:39 am

That's fantastic! Despite it not being specifically for positioning, Btraced has more features that are useful for that purpose than any positioning app I've tried. So a new version that is meant specifically for positioning and that autostarts would be something I'd purchase immediately.
kepesk

Postby mciaio » Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:42 pm

Is there an update to this? I would also like an auto-start app without the trip format.
mciaio

Postby Btraced » Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:09 pm

We are starting now with the second btraced version, hopefully autostart is possible, keep ypu posted!
Btraced
Site Admin

Return to Feature Requests & Product Improvement Suggestions