Continues property always 1

topics regarding problems or bugs in btraced

Continues property always 1

Postby harmen » Thu Apr 12, 2012 6:04 pm

Hi,

I tried stopping and restarting tracking but I never found a 0 (zero) in the Continues property.
Under which circumstances exactly will this property be set to 0?

Harmen
harmen

Re: Continues property always 1

Postby smfunder » Thu Apr 12, 2012 7:54 pm

Hello Harmen,

Thank you for your question. We use all the users feedback in order to improve the application every time.

Regarding the "continuos" flag, it is intended to be zero every time a trip is started back once stopped. From your description you are doing it right, so maybe we are having a bug in the application. We will write it down to our "to-do" list and fix it in the next version if this is the case.

An example of where it should be zero, would be for example:

- You start a new trip
- You get for example 50 points and the you stop
- When the trip is started again, the latest point (in this case, point number 50) should have a 0 (zero) in the continuos flag of the XML sent to the server while the new points will have a value of 1 (one)

If this is not the behavior you have, could you please let us know your device and operative system version? We will try to reproduce the error and fix it for the next version.

Also, could you please try the same scenario but instead of stopping and starting it again, switch between another trip before starting the original trip again?

Thank you!
Santiago
smfunder
Site Admin

Postby Btraced » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:41 pm

I checked the btraced database and Yes all the values for field Continues are 1.
Sometimes i see one 0 (zero) for a point?
Btraced
Site Admin

Postby smfunder » Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:58 pm

Hello Harmen,

Yes, actually the first point of every track will start with a zero value. All the other points will have a value of "1" because they are continuos from previous point.

For example:

- Start a track and save 50 points
- Stop and start again and store another set of 20 more points
- Stop and start again for a new set of additional 40 points

In that situation, points 1 to 49 will have continuos = 1. Point 50 will have continuos = 0 as here the user started a new track segment but points 51 to 69 will be continuos = 1 (as they are continuos under the same segment. Finally point 70 will be continuos = 0 and the remaining points continuos = 1.

I hope that helps. If you get a different behavior please let us know.

Thanks,
Santiago
smfunder
Site Admin

Postby harmen » Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:20 pm

I just did a test as requested by Santiago. Just stopping and restarting does not send a 0. Switching to another track and back between stopping and restarting gave me a 0 just one time. I tried this a couple of times but after the first time I never got a 0 again.
harmen

Postby harmen » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:03 pm

I just did another test with no distance filter and no update interval. I thought maybe I missed some points because of those filters but no luck. None of the tracks I have recorded have a 0 in the first point. Also I did a test with a xml file that I created myself with some zero's and some one's. Sending this to my server works perfectly so I can rule out problems on my server I think.
harmen

Postby harmen » Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:53 pm

Ok, I have 'Real time upload' on and 'Upload all when stops' on. No zeros are sent during these uploads. But when I do a 'Reset Upload Status' and upload the datapoints again, then all the ones and zeros are sent correctly.

EDIT: changed ones to zeros
Last edited by harmen on Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
harmen

Postby smfunder » Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:42 am

Thank you Harmen. Then it is probably a bug in the application we are going to fix in the next version.
For our testings, which device and operative system version are you using?
smfunder
Site Admin

Postby harmen » Fri Apr 13, 2012 9:49 am

IPhone 4S, IOS 5.1
harmen

Return to Report Problems or bugs