Frequency of Upload

topics regarding problems or bugs in btraced

Frequency of Upload

Postby simonog » Wed Jan 16, 2013 1:23 am

I have a new BTraced installation running on an iPhone 4 with IOS6.

I have set the GPS parameters to say 500 m movement and 30 minutes for readings.

the data is sent to my Homeseer system. with a phone which has been stationary for 12 hours, I am seeing data coming in at random intervals between about 30 seconds and 61 minutes.

Please can you explain why I am seeing anything more often than every 30 minutes? what can I do about it because it drains the battery unnecessarily

Simon
simonog

Re: Frequency of Upload

Postby smfunder » Sat Jan 19, 2013 8:48 pm

Hi Simon,

Thank you for your report. Did you tried the same but with distance disabled? Sometimes if the GPS signal is not good, or at least for long test cases, there would be some jumps in the location that may produce the condition of >500m and this makes to store a point.

Maybe if you just try with time or larger distances, the result would be every 30 minutes exactly.

Thank you,
Santiago
smfunder
Site Admin

Postby simonog » Wed Jan 23, 2013 4:26 am

I tried with time disabled. I will try with the distance increased to 500 m or disabled to see whether the time is recording at 30 minute slots.

thank you

simon
simonog

Postby simonog » Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:27 am

My wife and I have both just switched to iPhone 5s and I have configured BTrace on them.

my tests show that the timing option with a stationary phone does seem to be working as it should.

If I look at the 115924 View Data Points option, however, I notice that the points have an icon next to each one. it is either a box with a tick in it (I assume that's when it has been wholly downloaded).

What is the other icon on that report please? I can't work out what it's meant to be - looks like crab claws!

Simon
simonog

Postby simonog » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:38 am

Thank you - you are correct. if I disable anything to do with distance, the data points stored in View Data are 30 minutes apart.

Uploading appears to be intermittent and the key issue. see a later posting.

Simon
simonog

Postby sano » Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:43 pm

I believe the "other" (you call it "crab claws") icon is a cloud with an arrow pointing up into it.
sano

Return to Report Problems or bugs