Stalled Upload of Data from iOS 6.1 on iPhone 5

topics regarding problems or bugs in btraced

Stalled Upload of Data from iOS 6.1 on iPhone 5

Postby simonog » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:36 am

I have recently bought my wife and myself iPhone 5s so that we can run BTraced.

the data is uploaded to HomeSeer so that our own system can track each phone.

We have hit a problem which I did not see on an iPhone 4. It appears that the app is sleeping even when Run in Background is on. here is an example:

today my wife and I and our phones travelled 50 miles and then returned. my phone sporadically uploaded data.

my wife's phone, configured identically, stopped uploading or even collecting data at our destination. even though the app was in the foreground when the phone was turned to standby (and the phone was not touched until a few minutes ago), from looking at the View Data command on the phone it stopped collecting data when we were leaving our destination and did not collect nor send anything through until I turned the phone back on 10 hours later - the app was still running in the foreground and nearly at once sent a number of Home location readings through.

the GPS settings for both phones are Run in Background, add point on turn, 100m accuracy, 10 minute interval.

Help please! how can I debug/diagnose what's going on? could it be an app issue with the faster processor on iPhone 5, or an issue with the background processing API in iOS?

Simon
simonog

Re: Stalled Upload of Data from iOS 6.1 on iPhone 5

Postby Bearick » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:37 pm

Hi,

I'm experiencing the same thing on an iPhone 5 running the latest iOS version (6.1.2). When the app is running in the background (or the phone is in stand-by) the app stops updating the points after a while. Sometimes it continues for a few hours, and sometimes it stops even after 15 minutes...

It would be nice if this could be fixed because it will be a definite showstopper for me :-(

Regards,
Erik
Bearick

Re: Stalled Upload of Data from iOS 6.1 on iPhone 5

Postby Btraced » Sat Mar 02, 2013 11:39 pm

Hi Erik
Yes that bug will be fixed, i have been testing for a while now with the new Btraced version.
I think we will release next week the update in appstore
Regards Pieter
Btraced
Site Admin

Return to Report Problems or bugs